Image via CrunchBase
Businesses that embrace information technology can improve their productivity and save money. For example, Skype is a lot less expensive than a plane ticket, and advertising via social networking sites is sometimes more efficient. Embracing mobile applications can also help businesses save money and work more efficiently. Here a five good business apps that do just that.
- TripIt. This useful travel app will save money and hassle during business travel. According to TripIt’s homepage, it “drags traveling kicking and screaming into the 21st Century.” It can help you arrange flights and book hotels, find restaurants and get directions. TripIt further consolidates all this into a simple-to-read mobile travel itinerary. It’s almost like a travel agency, but easier. Another good app for business travel is AroundMe. It helps people find restaurants, lodging, gas, banks, etc. in new cities.
- Skype. As mentioned earlier, Skype is a good business application. Why travel to a distant business meeting when Skype can bring everyone into the same room while still scattered around the country. Skype provides video calling, voice calling, online voicemail, instant messaging and more. Available across a variety of platforms and carriers, it is a valuable (and inexpensive) piece of software that makes business meetings much more convenient.
- Evernote. This versatile little app does a lot. It captures and stores info in the form of audio clips, photographs, notes and more and automatically synchronizes the data with other devices. Information recorded with a cell phone is then available on an iPad or some other device. It streamlines and simplifies the process of sharing information across devices or between different departments in a business.
- Keynote. Keynote is a great presentation app. Designed for mobile devices; it can be used to put together attractive and professional business presentations. Building a perfect presentation that will have the desired effect is easy with Keynote. It includes powerful graphics tools, animated charts and effects and many ways to deliver or share presentations.
- Roambi Analytics Visualizer. With the Roambi app, business reports and information is transformed into “interactive mobile analytics and dashboards…” Offered by Apple and downloadable on their devices, Roambi is a great and easy way to analyze business data compiled from a variety of sources like Excel, Google Docs and more.
Using business management applications is a good way to collect, share, store and present important information regarding the operation of a company. These mobile apps are easy to use and valuable and will help a business run more efficiently than ever before.